Digital coordination follow up from vienna session

Hi, we could use this thread to stay in touch

We wrote notes in the pads

5 Likes

Please check if this forum suits your needs (if you want to post something, you have to register like described here: Discussion group for degrowth activists and practitioners ).

Additionally we can offer a cloud for storing / working on documents / files together.

Let us know if you need any more information!

Hello everyone, I just wrote an email to everyone who took part in the “Degrowth Digital Presence” session at the Vienna Conference.

Thank you so much for your participation I look forward to our collaboration :slight_smile:

Our two main outcomes were:

• Status-quo: need for a joint outreach strategy, should arrange a meeting for this
  • Future: clear strategy for internal & external communication - need for cooperation & more effective coordination

To stay connected, let’s use this Forum. This platform allows us to stay in touch in an easier way, not lose track of the thread and organize more effectively.

Next, I set up a form to organize a call in June. You can see the results here.

I apologize in advance for being self-centered, I offered as options only the times I would be available. I really hope we can find a time we can all be present. If we manage to have the call before the 25th of June it could be interesting because that afternoon there is a “digital assembly” organized by Jean-Louis and we could come with some concrete plans/ideas to present to the wider community. This is just my impression, of course all is up for discussion.

Please let me know what you think so we can adapt accordingly.

Deadline to fill in the form is June 18th.

Best,

Coni.

2 Likes

Hi everyone,
thanks for publishing the pads, they’re a pretty helpful resource.
I feel like there is a lot of information in it as well as (preliminary) conclusions, that are relevant for many like-minded groups (e. g. to which extent to use big bugs social media). Happy to be able to follow the conversation, even though I’m not (yet) active in the degrowth movement as such.
And thanks @conihepp for following up. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Real good to see continued effort here. I’ve added my general afternoon availability, and could free a morning slot, if so desired.

My focus will be on finding and documenting a shared vocabulary for the diverse fields of activity, and to offer other methods and practices for collaborative note taking and multi-modal self-publication environments.

Meanwhile we’re following up with the evening conversation in

Hello everyone! A reminder to fill in the form so we can schedule the next call:

I set up a form to organize a call in June . You can see the results here .

The deadline is tomorrow evening, then I will decide based on the replies.

Talk soon!

Hello everyone, thank you to those who replied the form.
There was no time-slot where everyone was available. The best option is:
Monday June 22nd, 18hrs
Where do we meet? Does someone have a platform where we could connect or do we use Skype or Jitsi?
See you soon! :v:

Hi Coni,

Thanks for organizing a meeting time! My vote would be to use Jitsi, but I am open to other platforms/softwares.

1 Like

Hello! Reminder to everyone: we have scheduled a meeting for today at 18CEST as a follow up to the Vienna Conference “Digital presence” sessions.

As @kclegacionsuggests, let’s use this link:

Join the meeting:

To join by phone instead, tap this: +1.512.647.1431,1214188118#

Looking for a different dial-in number?
See meeting dial-in numbers: https://meet.jit.si/static/dialInInfo.html?room=DegrowthComms

If also dialing-in through a room phone, join without connecting to audio: https://meet.jit.si/DegrowthComms#config.startSilent=true

Talk later!

Hi everyone,
I will unfortunately not be able to join the meeting today. I support a stronger build up of Agora for the international networking, I think it has proven to be a tool we can build upon with less resources, but needs more focus and facilitation to build up consistently and integrate more tightly with the ecosystem and different workstreams.

I hope to be able to join you next time and look forward to support and intensify the use of Agora and the networking of our international community!