Make the Global Degrowth Day public

I sorted the list accodring to country, dont get confused when opening next time :slight_smile:

We will also try alphabetic order on the website.
Currently we are working on an extra page with all the logos, which should be prominent enough - we will let you know, when this version is online :slight_smile:

Anne finished the partner page - see sidebar of our website. Every logo has a link (except degrowth UK - there is no website available. The footer is in alphabetical order.
Please have a look and let us know for any mistakes you find. Also please let us know when new logos / partners arrive, so we can update the page…
@Kristina The logos from the transform magazine do not work. Could you contact them again, please?

Sorry, to bother you again: We realized, that placing logos in a document is not an easy task. We would like to finish the flyers (call for participation) including the logos by Thursday night, so we all can start to send out mails from March 1st on.
To make this date, we can only include logos which reach us by Tuesday (26.2.) night, so we have enough time finalize this in time. If you want to send further logos to us, try to make it as soon as possible…
PS: We will be offline from Friday on for a couple of days.

Nice work! I like to see all those logos in the page :slight_smile:
@Anne_Arndt_Jacobi after all there is actually a website for degrowthUK, it’s their twitter page: https://twitter.com/degrowthUK Could you add it to the logo and list of partners? Sorry that I forgot to add it to the list!

Greetings,

Ana

These websites present a security warning, so if you share those links most probably you will have a lot of people not reaching the website (or just getting a bad first impression). I assume the subdomain is managed by about:source, since it is on degrowth.info. If you are using that one, could you make sure to contact them so that they can issue a valid certificate for this subdomain?

Should Ecobytes also be presented as partner? :wink: Which format/dimensions do you need for the logos?

ecobytes as a partner would be very nice! Just send a logo of good quality …

I have placed a PDF with different versions of the Ecobytes logo in vector format on the cloud (GlobalDegrowthDay/Logos). You can choose one as appropriate.

thanks for updating the website, dear A&A!! alphabetic order is great.

The logos look a bit confusing to me, too close together somehow…if you want to, I can edit the document as I can also work with Adobe InDesign and the like. How do you currently upload them, as a pdf? I can’t find it in the cloud.

I put the ecobytes logo in the right folder (partner Logo) and updated the Transform logo to a useable format. It also put the name as a png-file from the partners who dont have a logo. And then realized there are quite some logos missing…should we just use the ones we can find online for those that confirmed their partnership?

Hey @Kristina, on the website we put the logos directly - each connected with the specific link. With this we assume it is more responsive and with the links better for the organizations.
We could not figure out how to leave space between the logos. The arrangement is done by wordpress itself :slight_smile: We could live with that…

But if you are familiar with inDesign: Do you want to create a logo document, which could be placed in all flyers (call for participation)? We started with this for the hungarian version as this seems to be the longest one textwise (so smallest space for logos). It is also not so easy to make this look nice. Your assistance would be highly appreciated .-)
Question: Do you think you could complete all pdf files also? Or should we do this? But we would need the logo document till Thursday noon, as we are not available from Friday on…

We just uploaded all logos which reached us directly. So the folder should be complete (according to the list). Searching for logos on our own is time consuming and often the quality is not sufficient. So we would recommend not to invest time for this…

@Anne_Arndt_Jacobi as for the website: bummer but its true, more responsiveness is better!!

flyers: I could try tomorrow afternoon (no time before) on the train to southern Germany…I can create a template with all logos (not sure yet how exactly but will learn) where we can insert the flyers, would then also refresh all the pdfs. We are talking about the “Call to Participation”, right?

@Kristina Yes, we are talking about the call for participation, and yes, it would be great if you could refresh the pdfs…we will try + add the rest of the logos to the website. Thanks a lot!

Hi all,
the website is now complete wrt partners (logos, links on extra page and footer). If you detect any errors please let us know.

1 Like

dear all, I will make the template for the flyers first thing tomorrow morning so theyll be ready until 12am.
Sorry it didnt work out earlier.

Dear all, all flyers are now formatted and with logos.

Four organizations seemed to have no logo: Degrowth Sweden, Degrowth Warzaw, Rede para o Descrecimento, Flor de Culturas.

Two organizations seem to be in the partner logo folder (I included them) but I found no correspondance to the website: Mai Bine and C.L.I. - who knows who these are?
Also, CONTRASTE is a new partner, I included them, they should also be added to the website.

1 Like

Now: How do we spread the call?? Should we use the whole partners contact list and write one mail with everyone in BCC? Cheers, Kristina

@Kristina,

thanks a lot, it looks beautiful, much better than our attempts :wink:
Maibine logo is on the website, but we seem to have lost it in the footer while doing the alphabetical order - we will of course add it again, and also the contraste.
About CLI: they sent an email with logo, but are not in our partner list, so we asked @jean about them, and he said he doesn’t know them, so we left them out so far. But we can include them also on the website, if Jean is ok with that?
We will also include new logos sent by Jean on the website, but from our point of view it is not necessary to do any more changes in the call for participation now wrt to logos - it looks beautiful now.
About the spreading: I think everyone should send a mail to the partners he/she “recruited”, in the appropriate language. And in our experience, single, dedicated mails using the specific organisation name work better than “mass mails”. (you can of course still copy the text ;-))
And then we should of course spread the call also to other organisations/groups, not only partners. (like eg Greenpeace, which we will do for Germany).
We should use the mailinglist document https://cloud.degrowth.net/s/CrDXLbCBo5oYksd to track this.
Happy spreading!

1 Like

I do not remember… who is CLI?
Jean

their url is http://www.chelinse.org/ .
@jean can you please check again - your italian is better than ours :slight_smile:

Hi @Anne_Arndt_Jacobi!

Thanx so much for completing the website, I also like the logo section, it looks colorfull like the GDD will be hopefully. Maybe you have seen the email of degrowUS, which came very late yesterday. But they seem to be motivated and want to organize events maybe in quite a lot of American cities. Would it be a lot of work to add their logo, which is already attached to the email to our website? I could tell them that it is too late to be added to the call for participation but they could be partners anyway and will appear on the website within the next 2 weeks or so. What do you think?