Requirements for the "Karte von morgen" for the Global Degrowth Day

Hi
we heard that “Karte von morgen” will be used for degrowth realities soon. For the next year (2021) we wonder if we could use the same technology for the GDD. Therefore we want to list some “requirements” for this use case:

• It would be good, if you are not forced to specify a city/region at the beginning (i.e. a holistic view on the world should be possible :slight_smile: ).
  • Only GDD events should be visible, i.e. no initiatives or enterprises should show up.
  • We need a simple but “normal” description field: Formatting (line breaks, bold, underline,…).
  • The map should be embeddible into degrowth.info
  • We need a new map (or a new layer) per year (we want to keep the old maps).

Hi, yes, let’s please continue requirements harvesting for the different waves of development.

The last iteration was documented in 🌐 Mapping survey - HedgeDoc

Visit this pad.

My recent request went out to them at

https://discourse.transformap.co/t/degrowth-map-neustart-mit-hilfe-der-karte-von-morgen/1760

If we derive new and updated requirements for the next iteration, I would love to collect them ultimately in

Hi Anne,
I am just replying to your questions:

This is allready possible. just dont share the landigpage but a specific reagion.

No Problem, you just have to use the hashtag in the URL for sharing like #GDD. Pioneers of change does it the same way: Karte von morgen | Alles Gute auf einer Karte

Linebreaks are possible in the meantime. Other formatting like bold not yet. But we can think about, how to integrate it.

No problem, just use the sharingbutton at the bottom right. More about iframe here: Iframes und IT-Tipps - Karte von morgen

That needs a bit of developement, because events are hidden, when they have past, but many people are asking allready to see old events and the beackend is prepared for this. In this case you just should use a different Hashtag for each year, liek #GDD19#GDD20

I hope that helps for the future…
Helmut

Hi @wellemut, yes this helps a lot, thanks!
As discussed on the phone, it is relevant for GDD 2021, but it is always good to start in time :slight_smile:
If we understand correctly, almost all our “requirements” are fulfilled already, that’s good news! We think we will check it out in detail after this year’s GDD and let you know…