In continuation of Question regading a website on degrowth.info emerged a side-channel conversation about a map for the global degrowth day. From that we conclude some requirements here.
- The map needs to visible to everyone, even to non-members of our forum (agora)
- Set landmark for an activity
- Display functionality of additional information
- We (A&A, Jean) need to be able to change / create / delete things manually on this map
- Furthermore we use a contact form (see https://www.degrowth.info/en/globalday/participate/) which includes 8 input fields (only 6 are relevant for the map). This information should be displayed on the map.
- We prefer, if we can directly integrate the map on our page, i.e. on https://www.degrowth.info/en/globalday/events/ , not via a link only.
- If you have a lot of events, we can consider to automatize it
These are direct transcripts of users’ stories, from which we can conclude conditions against which an implementation needs to be tested:
The map is publicly accessible, without login.
The entries come with location and date metadata.
The survey method allows to collect structured data.
Additional, semi-structured information can be provided and is visible alongside.
A group of moderators is able to curate the map.
It is possible to contact the curators.
The map is embeddable into other pages.
There is an API to interact with the mapped data.
Let’s see how well the Agora fits in here, and which development directions become visible at first sight.